By our Engineers
When the cylinder liners are worn (e.g. at the second piston overhaul for engines operating on HFO), ovality and wear edge must be removed for optimal conditions. This process is called honing and MEKNAFT offers the best solution for the vessel. Portable, light weighted and easy to use by the crew directly on engine or in a removed liner. A “cross-hatch” pattern is created to retain oil or grease to ensure proper lubrication and ring seal of pistons in cylinders. A smooth glazed cylinder wall can cause piston ring and cylinder scuffing.
Designed, Fabricated & Tested by our Engineers
It requires no effort centering the honing head inside the liner. It’s design with the internal steel springs, aligns the honing head to the center automatically, even when the operator does not holds it straight.
- For liners from 150 up to 500 bore.
- Outstanding Lub-Oil consumption economy.
- Increases the life of liner.
- Removes scuffing and restores cross hatch pattern.
- Easy operation directly on engine or in honing rig.
- Honing head with detachable stones and holders.
- Powerful electric driving unit 1600w
- Adjustable stone pressure for high honing capacity.
- Portable, light weighted and easy to use by crew.
- Competitive price.
309-311, Dimokratias Ave.,
Perama 18863, Greece